Motor Trade Insurance

Cover for motor trade businesses of all types and sizes

Search our panel of insurers for road risks or motor trade combined insurance

What is motor trade insurance?

A motor trade insurance policy is taken out by someone who runs a business involving anything to do with cars and vans such as buying and selling cars, repairing and servicing or valeting and running a garage or MOT centre. The size of your business does not matter and whether you work full or part time, cover can be arranged for your needs.

Radius Insurance Solutions can offer you Motor Trade Road Risk Insurance and Motor Trade Combined Insurance.

What does motor trade insurance cover? 

Motor Trade Road Risk Insurance is designed for motor traders operating their own business from home or from business premises, who require risk cover for their own vehicles or vehicles in their custody or control for motor trade purposes.

Road risks insurance can provide third party only vehicle cover through to comprehensive cover, with traders combined cover available for motor trade businesses with premises and additional risks.

Our policies can include the following covers:

  • Road risks insurance
  • Business interruption
  • Material damage and equipment breakdown
  • Loss of MOT licence
  • Liability cover
  • Wrongful conversion
  • Engineering inspection
  • Legal expenses

How much is motor trade insurance?

Motor trade insurance quotes vary depending on the provider, your location, business size and type, and other factors. 

The cost of not having appropriate motor trade insurance is much higher than any quote. Protect your business now and get a quote from our expert insurance team. 

What is Motor Trade Combined Insurance?

Motor traders with larger businesses – usually those with business premises – will require additional insurance to road risks only cover, which simply protects the vehicles you use in connection with your job. Many motor trade businesses will make a considerable investment in the tools and equipment needed to do the job

In many cases, businesses also hold significant levels of stock. Trading from premises brings with it additional risks to consider such as damage to the buildings themselves. A combined policy protects against damage to property owned by the motor trader as well as their liability exposure.

At Radius Insurance Solutions, we offer comprehensive combined insurance policies designed all under one policy that can be tailored to suit you. We can provide cover for all your vehicles and business premises.

Do I need motor trade liability insurance?

Motor trade liability insurance includes public liability, employer’s liability and sales and service liability. With employer’s liability the motor trader is covered in the event of any employees sustaining an injury. With public liability the motor trader is covered in the event they cause an injury to the public or damage property.  

With sales & service cover the motor trader is insured for injury or accidental damage caused by them to any property due to the buying or selling of new or used vehicles, selling or supplying of products connected with the motor trade and the alteration, maintenance, inspection or repair of any vehicles under the motor trader’s authority. 

How can I get motor trade insurance?

At Radius Insurance Solutions, we offer comprehensive insurance policies for companies or sole traders who need to buy, sell and repair motor vehicles or handle vehicles that they may not own. 

How do I choose my insurance policy?

We can insure most car models and commercial vehicle types, with benefits for new and existing customers including competitive premiums and flexible instalment options.

With commissioned authority allowing us to underwrite our own motor trade schemes we are also able to offer specialist cover for:

  • Sports & high performance vehicles
  • Classic & vintage cars
  • Imports & exports

Why choose us?

  • Shop the market

    We liaise with our panel of up to 120 insurers to find you covers that are tailored to your business’ unique needs.

  • Additional services

    We can combine other Radius services to include wider products and services such as telematics, telecoms and vehicle leasing.

  • Range of cover

    Cover available for a vast range of vehicle types from 7.5 to 44 tonnes.

Not sure which cover you require?

Call us directly on 0114 261 2020 for a quote today. Our team of dedicated sales experts will take you through the process of setting up your new Motor trade insurance policy from quote to inception. We will also be here to offer any advice or help you may need after you have taken out your policy with us.